, It’s nice for me to meet someone else interested in WordPress readers, too.
Thanks for links! I’ve read your post about PressForward before, but it’s good to be reminded of it. And the others are new to me so I’ll need to take a closer look.
As for my itches
- You’re right I want to add responses akin to woodwind’s, first and foremost.
- Expandable summaries for long posts. And generally a UI that fits my taste.
- Generally I want it to be easy to use, with minimal setup required.
- Group and filter subscriptions into lists, so I can focus on specific topics etc.
- If possible, integration with Twitter (and other silos?). It’d be nice if I can make the reader a single stop to check multiple places, then easily POSSE replies from my own site.
- Lastly, I’m building it for the sake of tinkering, and to learn about what’s possible with some of IndieWeb’s toolset. (This is part of the reason I’m writing my own plugin instead of using something like PressForward, it forces me to get my hands dirty across the whole thing.)